Acne-Free Skin Can Be Yours
So what causes Acne? That is the million dollar question somebody has yet to answer.
Acne is a very common problem faced by teenagers and adults. While washing your face is the first step to clear skin, there are many other things you can try out to improve your complexion. Use the tips in the following article to learn how give your skin a better appearance.
Sliced or grated cucumber applied directly to problem areas can be a great treatment for acne. In the same
way that cucumber helps tighten up skin around the eyes, it can reduce the size of enlarged pores as well as hydrate the skin. Apply the cucumber and leave it on for about 15 minutes for maximum benefit.
Make sure you remember to wash your face even when you are not in the middle of an acne breakout. It is important to get in a routine of washing your face regularly. Ideally, you will want to wash your face once every morning then again before you go to bed.
To help keep your acne under control, make sure you’re getting enough sleep each night. Getting lots of sleep is good for your skin, as it allows it to heal. It is also great for your general health, which will, in turn, mean your body is under less stress, which can also improve your skin.
To prevent acne, avoid touching your face with your hands during the day. Hands are rarely sterile so every time you touch your face with them you are transferring dirt and bacteria onto your skin. This dirt can then block pores and the bacteria can infect the clogged pores causing acne outbreaks.
Regular exercise can be helpful when you’re dealing with re-occurring acne problems. Exercise is a great way to release toxins, cleanse the pores (through sweating), and it also helps to relieve stress (which some believe contributes to acne). Stick to natural cotton exercise gear however, as synthetics can trap sweat and bacteria.
Chocolate can impact your acne in a large way, as it made up of dairy and contains a lot of sugar, two ingredients that cause acne in bunches. If you see that the chocolate that you are eating is having an impact on when your acne forms, reduce your intake immediately.
If your skin is very sensitive or acne-prone, you may want to use hard-pressed Q-tips or cotton swabs to apply facial creams or medication. This prevents bacterial contamination from your fingers, and the firmly packed cotton at each end of the swab will not leave a cottony residue on your face.
A great tip for covering up acne is by getting a tan. Acne and blemishes are much more noticeable on pale skin than on tan skin. Tanning outdoors for at least ten minutes each day can go a long way in covering up that acne that you’re ashamed of.
As mentioned in the beginning of the article, caring for your skin involves more than just washing your face every day. Adults and teenagers that are serious about getting rid of acne need to take on board the advice in this article. Anyone can have beautiful skin with the right advice, and determination to be consistent in its application.
Natures Best Acne Skin Care product
In addition to choosing the best acne skin care product, there are certain things you can consider doing in order to alleviate your acne symptoms:
1) NEVER squeeze your spots. Yes I know it is tempting especially when they have come to a head. But despite what you may have been told, there is no guarantee that you will squeeze out all of the bacteria in one go. It is more likely you will push this spot causing bacteria back into other areas of your skin which may lead to a future outbreak. Never pay anyone to squeeze your spots for you. While they may get rid of the spots, the red mark they leave behind is likely to be permanent.
You would be better served using a topical anti acne treatment such as Benzoyl Peroxide. It may take a couple of days but it will get rid of the spots.
2) If you have a cyst and feel that you have to get rid of it today then see a dermatologist for treatment via cortisone injections. But this is a last resort and only for the larger cysts.
3) Look at the cosmetics you are using. Are they suitable for acne sufferers? A lot of makeup products actually end up clogging up your pores – a factor in acne so you may be making your condition a lot worse by trying to cover it up.
4) When reviewing your skin care products, also look at the stuff you put in your hair. Shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays etc end up on our faces via sweating or sleeping. Your latest acne eruption may be caused by the fancy new shampoo you have started to use.
5) Use gentle over the counter remedies such as Olay Total Effects or Neutrogena Complete Acne Therapy system before moving on to the stronger medications. Harsh treatment of your skin condition will only cause it to deteriorate.
6) Look to your diet – whilst we all know that fast food, sugar and saturated fats are bad for your skin, you may be allergic to something in your diet. Some people find that giving up dairy products helps clear up their acne. But do so under the supervision of your doctor – you do not want to trade your acne for brittle bone disease7) Look at your stress levels. We all need an element of stress in our lives but unfortunately most have more than enough. Gentle exercise and having fun are great ways to reduce stress and hopefully help improve your acne.
8) Clay based face masks have helped numerous people combat their pimples.
9) Increase the quantity of vitamin A, E and Zinc in your diet as these vitamins and minerals are often low in acne sufferers. But if you are pregnant or considering becoming pregnant check with your doctor first before taking a supplement.
10) Eat more berries – strawberries, blackberries, cherries, black and red currants all contain natural anti-inflammatory agents which may help reduce/prevent an acne breakout. These fruits are natures best acne skin care product.
If the information in this article has added some value to your skincare I’d love to hear from you. Please, do feel free to add your comment with your suggestions, opinions and experiences in skincare.