All about Facial skin care
Are you looking for a serious skin care regimen? Do you know what you hope to gain from it? A serious skin care regimen is all about developing and maintaining healthy, glowing skin for the rest of your life. As you age, your body’s natural skin elasticity becomes weaker.
So your skin care routine will need to change as the needs of your skin change. This means that you need to constantly analyze and evaluate how your skin is changing, and what changes you need to make in your environment, and skin care products.
A serious skin care routine is also about personal awareness, technological advancements, and following research that is being brought to light on a regular basis. The composition of skin care products is also changing with time. These advancements allow us to make better choices, utilize natural, organic products that are better for our skin, and the removal of chemicals that are detrimenta
to our skin’s health.
Make sure that you know how to use each and every skin care product you have. Do not assume how it should be used, find out how the company achieved the results they advertise. Know the basics of how general products should be used. For example, moisturizers should be applied while your skin is still damp after washing.
It should be applied using upward strokes to ensure it is properly absorbed, and penetrates deep enough to make a difference. You should always remove your makeup before you go to bed. You should always wash your face before applying a moisturizer, or putting on makeup. You should know how much of a skin care product you should use. By knowing how much to use, you can achieve the maximum benefit from its use.
If you wish to obtain healthy, vibrant skin, you should avoid coming into contact with harsh detergents that are sometimes found in skin care products. Always choose products that are gentle on skin, especially the sensitive skin on your face.
Avoid over-exfoliating, as it can cause significant damage to your skin, which will take time to repair. Never use low-quality products, or anything with a strong chemical base.
If you need help in determining which skin care products are right for your skin type, visit a dermatologist. If you want to have healthy, vibrant skin, you must take preventative, proactive measures to develop overall health. As you use the skin care products recommended for your skin type, you will see dramatic changes in just a short period of time.
‘Facial skin care’ is more a matter of discipline than anything else. A facial skin care routine is what you need (and you need to follow the facial skin care routine with complete seriousness). So let’s check what comprises an effective facial skin care routine. Well, very simply, a facial skin care routine can follow the following 4 steps:
Cleansing is the first thing in facial skin care routine. Cleansing helps in removing dust, pollutants, grease and extra oil from your skin, thereby preventing damage to your skin. Just spot your face and neck with a good cleansing lotion or cream and gently massage it into your skin using upward strokes.
Use a soft face tissue or cotton wool to wipe your face in a gentle patting fashion (do not rub). Cleansing should be done at least twice a day i.e. morning (as part of complete facial skin care routine) and evening (on a standalone basis). Water soluble cleansers are the best for inclusion in your facial skin care routine.
Exfoliation is not necessary in everyday routine for facial skin care. However, exfoliation, is necessary at least once a week (or twice, depending on the skin type and the environmental conditions). Exfoliation finds its place in facial skin care routine because of the natural tendency of skin to replenish the skin cells every 3 or 4 weeks.
As a facial skin care technique, exfoliation helps in removing the dead skin cells that block the pores, thus assisting the skin in the natural process. However, excessive or harsh exfoliation can cause damage to your
Toning is the next in a facial skin care routine. However, this is the optional part of the facial skin care routine. Mostly, proper cleansing can compensate for toning. Toning helps remove all traces of dirt, grease and excess cleanser. Instead of making it part of your daily facial skin care routine, you can using toning occasionally i.e. when you have been exposed to particularly harsh environment/pollution.
The next thing in facial skin care is moisturising. In fact, moisturising is the most important part of facial skin care routine. Moisturisers prevent your skin from getting dry. Dry skin is really undesirable since it cause the upper layer skin to break, leading to dead skin cells.
Again, use light upward strokes to make the moisturiser more effective. Moisturisers work the best when applied on warm and damp skin. So do not try to remove all the moisture in the previous steps of facial skin care routine.
Besides the normal facial skin care routine, you should also exercise the following for facial skin care:
* Use proper make-up remover instead of just washing it away
* Pay heed to your skin type and the environment, when choosing facial skin care products.
* Before you start using a new facial skin care product, test it by applying it on a short patch of skin e.g. ear lobes.
* Never rub your skin too hard.
* Use sunscreen lotions for protection against sun.
All about sensitive skin care
‘Sensitive skin care’ is governed by a few basic rules. However, even before we delve into the rules for sensitive skin care, it’s important to understand what a sensitive skin is.
Sensitive skin is one which is unable to tolerate any unfavourable conditions (environmental/other), and which easily gets irritated on contact with foreign materials (including skin care products). For this reason, some products are especially labelled as sensitive skin care products. The degree of sensitivity can however vary from person to person (and depending on that, the sensitive skin care procedures vary too).
Generally, all skin types respond negatively to detergents and other chemical based products. However, the damage starts generally beyond a defined threshold (or tolerance level). This tolerance level is very low for sensitive skin types, leading to skin getting damaged very easily and quickly. Sensitive skin care products either avoid the potential irritants or keep them at very low concentrations.
Here are a few tips for sensitive skin care:
* Use sensitive skin care products only (i.e. the products that are marked for sensitive skin care only). Also, check the instructions/ notes on the product to see if there are specific restrictions/warnings associated with the product).
* Even within the range of sensitive skin care products, choose the one that has minimum preservatives, colourings and other additives
* Do not use toners. Most of them are alcohol based and are not recommended for sensitive skin.
* Wear protective gloves when doing laundry or other chemical based cleaning. If you are allergic to rubber, you can wear cotton gloves below the rubber ones.
* Another important tip for ‘sensitive skin care’ is to avoid excessive exposure to sun. Apply sunscreen lotion before getting out in the sun.
* Avoiding exposure to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself adequately before going out.
* Use hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic moisturizer as a sensitive skin care product (if there is none specifically labelled as a sensitive skin care product)
* Use soap-free and alcohol free cleansers. Cleanse your face whenever you return from spending time out doors.
* Do not scrub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause reddishness and even inflammation.
* Do not leave the makeup on for too long. Use hypoallergenic makeup- removers.
So, sensitive skin care is very different from the normal skin care. Sensitive skin care is more about being careful with your skin (both in terms of sensitive skin care products and protection against environments atrocities on skin).
I hope you find this information useful which is for general purpose only and does not intend to constitute medical advice for treatment. We suggest that anyone have a medical condition should consult his/her personal physician. Otherwise, we would be happy to hear from you if you have any question or would like to share your own experience.