Celebrity Skin Care – What Are Their Secrets
Let’s face it. We all would love to know what celebrity skin care regime our favourite actress or singer is using. But before you get all upset and anxious, it is best to remember that most of the photographs we see in magazines have been touched up.
And if you and I were subjected to a top to toe makeover courtesy of some of the best therapists in the world, we would look like a celebrity. Skin care can be very expensive and the celebrities probably pay more for their cosmetics than some people spend on their mortgage.
So how can you get similar results? It is relatively easy to get great skin if you put the work into it.
You do not need the most expensive products. You just need to adopt a total skin care regime and include all areas of your life.
1) You need to eat a healthy diet. Starvation or faddy diets will not give you great skin. We need good fats i.e. omega 3 and 6 to keep your skin
in tip top condition.
2) If you smoke you need to stop smoking and entering smoky establishments. With the legislation introducing laws preventing smoking in a lot of public places, this does make life easier.
3) Any addictive behaviour should be stopped . Alcohol, caffeine and sugar addictions will prevent the skin of obtaining that glowing which the celebrities’s skins have.
4) Drink more tea – green tea, oolong tea and other herbal teas are all great for your skin and body alike.
5) Eat your berries and don’t just eat strawberries. Increase your consumption of blackberries, blueberries, cranberries, cherries and raspberries too.
6) Eat more nuts including walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts.
7) Instead of salt, add spices to your food for flavour and extra nutrients. Skin loves cinnamon and oregano.
8) Grow your own sprouts. Sprouted beans are not just a fad. They are simple to grow and they are proven to provide more nutrients than a lot of the more common vegetables.
9) Add watercress to your salads. This tiny plant is full of vitamin A and C – no wonder a lot of actresses like to drink watercress soup.
10) Treat yourself for a day or weekend at your local spa. Relax and enjoy having someone pamper you all day long.
11) Although most famous celebs enjoy their holidays, take note that they always carry sun hats and glasses. This may be for protection against the paparazzi but it is probably the damage from the sun’s rays that they are more concerned about.
Choosing The Right Body Care Products
When it comes to your beauty philosophy, is it ‘appearances are everything’ or a more pragmatic ‘beauty comes from within’, you are sure to enjoy reading over this handpicked selection of useful and simply gorgeous tips and tricks. This information will offer insight into the best ways to improve both inner and outer beauty.
For added impact and eye-opening, beautifully curled lashes, use a heated eyelash curler. If you would prefer to use a regular eyelash curler, you can create a similar effect by giving your curler a quick blast of a few seconds with your hairdryer. This will help to hold the curl and prevent smudging.
Pick a foundation that is dermatologist approved and matches your natural skin tone well, you can find out by
spreading a little on the inner and brightest part of your wrist. People usually test it on the top of the hand hand but it should be tested on the brightest area of the wrist and see if it matches and blends well.
Some foundations can clog your pores quite easily if you have sensitive skin, so find one that is oil-free as well. This will help keep your pores clear and help make your face look great and oil-free all day.
The most important items to put on your face are moisturizer, foundation and sunscreen. These three important steps will start off your make up routine right as they make up the base. But, if you don’t have time to apply these three products, there is now tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizer is all three products in one and works just as well as the three individual products.
To open up your pores and have any blemishes removed, steaming is a wonderful option. Put your face over a bowl of steaming hot water with a dry towel placed on you head. Do this as long as you can being careful not to burn yourself. When you have had enough splash your face with cold water to close the pores and make your skin more firm.
Apply colognes and perfumes carefully, just dabbing a bit on at pressure points such as behind the ears, at the bend of the elbows and knees and inside the wrist. Don’t reapply more than one time daily as you may become desensitized to the scent and accidentally overdo it.
Apply mascara until you reach the desired look for your eyelashes. You may avoid doing this because of a clumpy or unnatural look. However, there are ways to make your eyelashes appear longer with mascara that does not look overdone. When you get the desired look you want you should try to separate your lashes with a tool and this will take away any clumpiness.
If you are taking over-the-counter decongestants and cold medicines, you should also pick up some skin cream and hair products that contain shea butter. Whipped shea butter is especially moisturizing and is easily absorbed by even the dryest hair and skin. Massage shea products into your skin or hair, then cover with a warm towel for ten minutes before rinsing off the excess.
Even if you have greasy skin, you should apply moisturizer to it, at least, when you go to bed. Oil on your face may lead you to believe that you have an excessive amount of moisture in your skin but that is not the kind of moisture that your skin needs, in order to remain healthy.
Remember that excess sun exposure is not only bad for your skin, it is also bad for your hair. As a result of sun exposure hair may become dry, brittle, fragile and discolored. Sun exposure can tear protein bonds in your hair and make your hair permanently weaker. So, if you are going to be spending a lot of time in the sun, remember to wear a hat.
You should gain some insight from this article on how to look and feel good inside and out. If implemented, the advice provided above will help you feel better about yourself and your appearance.
I hope you find this information useful which is for general purpose only and does not intend to constitute medical advice for treatment. We suggest that anyone have a medical condition should consult his/her personal physician. Otherwise, we would be happy to hear from you if you have any question or would like to share your own experience.